Friday, September 18, 2015

Harvest Gold

Lately I have had the really wonderful feeling of coming home to my apartment and really feeling *home*.

Actually, l think it's more than that. I feel like Portland is my home now, not just my new city anymore. And my apartment, all mine for the first time, feels settled into and decorated, and like a home not just a crash pad.

I still have a list of little things I want to change or adjust, and I'm sure I'll always find new projects. 

But isn't it nice to walk in the door and feel at home, feel like a space is yours, and like you belong in it?

Liking the way my space looks and feels so much currently, I thought it would be quite awhile before I made any major furniture purchases or changed anything in a really big way.



And then, while walking home from work one day (and idly stopping in vintage stores along the way, naturally), I saw the couch. Exactly the couch my apartment needed. 

It had to be mine.

And then an hour later:


No, that's not the same harvest gold couch. I replaced my old couch- a vintage harvest gold model with masculine rectangular arms and a relatively sleek shape, with another that could be described in those exact words. 

But looook at it. So pretty.

Here they are right next to each other, for visual comparison. 

It turns out I am a crazy repeat buyer of harvest gold couches. You learn something new about yourself everyday, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment