Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Melty


Hearty bread + melty cheese + really pretty much anything is all I want to eat lately. Ham and swiss melted on to a thick slice of buttered bread? Arugala and mushrooms with sharp cheddar melted on sourdough? Jack and cheddar with pieces of fresh jalepeno atop a slice of white farmer bread? Yes, please. 

A few years ago I admitted to the internet at large that toast might be my favorite food. I will stand by this statement. You will probably never see me attempt an atkins diet, and here is the real truth: I would be fine without pasta, could get by without cake, don't even really care for *sandwhiches* persay, but just a simple piece of toast? I would be bereft it that were not in my life. 

Much of my life I claimed I could never live without dairy, but admittedly I made it several years (maybe 4?) without that when mysterious health problems left me no choice but to remove dairy from my diet. 

If I were the type to thank a higher power for events in my life, I would certainly be doing so nightly in thanks that I can once again eat dairy. Not because I couldn't live without lasangna (I could) or ice cream or alfredo sauce or pizza, but because I so missed melting some cheese on my toast from time to time. 

So I guess all this is to say-if your body will allow, and you have such luxury, please-  go to your pantry, get a slice of bread. Go to your refridgerator, grab some cheese. Slice that cheese thinly, place it atop your bread slice. Add anything or nothing. Place in the oven, and broil until bubbling. Right now. And thank whatever higher power you wish, or none at all- for gracing you with toast and melted cheese in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment