Sunday, April 28, 2013

Home Visits: Nora's Cheerful, Vintage Alberta Street Apartment

I love visiting people's homes. I love learning what someone's space can show about them. I think that is a large part of my interest in interior decorating- how personal and expressive it can be. With that in mind I'd like to start occasionally sharng views into the homes of friends, family and aquantances whose spaces I find beautiful and/or interesting. I am hoping this will be the first of a series of "Home Visit" posts.

My good friend Nora has a home that is bright, colorful and unique that I am just in love with. I thought I would share with you some pictures I took yesterday of her charming apartment. I spend a lot of time there, revelling in views of Portland's bustling Alberta Street from her giant windows. She is a collector of quirky vintage homewares, art and clothing, and her interests show on every wall of the bright, happy apartment she shares with her 5 year old daughter, Ivy.


By far the best thing about the apartment is its giant windows, two of which look down on Alberta street (the center of the Alberta Arts District, a lively neighborhood where we both live). They are perfect for people-watching. 









No comments:

Post a Comment